DH Freaks Unite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
MusicsLastDance
MusicsLastDance

Getting to know you, part no bars held and no wimps please Empty Getting to know you, part no bars held and no wimps please

Fri May 04, 2018 10:09 pm
What did you most love about DH and what did you most wish did not exist on DH and finally why did you put up with all the BS for so long?

Oh .. answe the question above you and then post a different question for the next poster ....
Admin
Admin
Admin
http://www.inspiredphotoart.com

Getting to know you, part no bars held and no wimps please Empty Re: Getting to know you, part no bars held and no wimps please

Sat May 05, 2018 6:24 pm
What did I love most? All the amazing friends I've made. I've been on there about 10 yrs. I've seen many a friend come and go. I cherish them all even if I will never hear from most of them anymore. They were the reason I kept coming back. Despite the pitfalls of an open forum they made it a true pleasure. I love you all with all my heart. Thank you.

What do I wish didn't exist? All the trolls and fighting and hatred. A miserable lot they are. Trying to bring everyone down. Trying to ruin our happy home. I take comfort in know you all will die a lonely, miserable death of your own making. But even more than the trolls I hate seeing friends I care about fight amongst each other. I care about all of you and wish more than anything that you could get along.

I actually didn't put up with the bullshit on DH. I avoided certain forums because they were cesspools of the lowliest sort. I didn't put up with the haters and trolls. I loved the block feature. It made my DH experience so much more enjoyable.

Actually this is a great question. I like to hear what others have to say.
MusicsLastDance
MusicsLastDance

Getting to know you, part no bars held and no wimps please Empty Re: Getting to know you, part no bars held and no wimps please

Sun May 06, 2018 5:02 am
MusicsLastDance wrote:What did you most love about DH and what did you most wish did not exist on DH and finally why did you put up with all the BS for so long?

Oh .. answe the question above you and then post a different question for the next poster ....

I joined DH May 2012. I was preparing to walk away from my 28 year long marriage that had been over for at least 10 years. It was the hardest thing I had done in my life. Due to circumstances I was facing starting my life over from scratch (new city, no friends, no real family, no job, only my small savings and a couple of my cars, an the spare furnishings.) -

I was petrified and had very very low self esteem. I had not had attention from men my entire adult life with the exception of my husband, which he had shared with many other women through those 28 years. I had found the forums (the 40's group) and was able to explore the world of flirting, speaking my inner most thoughts and fantasies, and have a voice. For a year or so I thought it was a safe way to explore adult socializing ... to feel again or really for the first time in many many years.

Unfortunately, I left the 40's and explored intro's ... By this time I had moved about 4 hours away from my home town and was dating like a crazy woman (from POF) or should I say meet and greets mostly. I was drinking and going out a lot. Acting like a wild college student (that is what my 25 year old daughter compared me to anyway) Anyhow, I got caught up with people in intros that I thought I connected with in a very spiritual way. In retrospect, I guess it was all the change and drinking I was doing. I met a poster from intros and that was the start of the horror of DH for me.

The posting of personal information, bashing to the extreme in public forums that ended up on google, the lies and just evil daily over and over non stop .... the loss of what I thought were friends who i cared deeply for was what I disliked. I wish I had never gone to intros .... I experienced more betrayal and emotional hurt while being there than I did from starting my whole life over.

But the gratitude and fun from the 40's group that first year for me .. kept me going back trying to recapture that experience.

What have you done in the past year that you are most proud of?
MusicsLastDance
MusicsLastDance

Tue May 08, 2018 5:54 am
This has always been one of my favorite threads .. I wish everyone would post in it Crying or Very sad

OT I moved across country, bought a house, did a major DIY renovation, started a new job/career, and I didn't have anything to do with it but my daughters beautiful HUGE baby boy born in November. I guess I am most proud that I did what I needed to do 110% to be a present grandmother to him.

What is the weirdest thing you own?

Last edited by MusicsLastDance on Tue May 08, 2018 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : left the e off of favorite)
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum